Making the Most of Your In-Vehicle Apps
Apps aren’t just for your smartphone anymore
Many newer GM vehicles offer an infotainment experience that allows you to access your favorite apps*44 directly from your vehicle’s touch-screen. With many states now banning the use of handheld devices like smartphones while driving, your in‑vehicle apps*25 can keep you listening to the news, music and podcasts you love while you’re on the road. Here’s how to make the most of your in-vehicle apps and keep the entire family connected while you’re on the road.
Choose Your Apps
From your infotainment home screen, navigate to the apps icon on the touch-screen. A list of available apps*25 will be shown. To download an app, select it and push the download button on the screen. After accepting the terms and conditions, you’ll receive a notification when the app is finished downloading. The app will appear on your touch-screen, ready for you to use.
Here are a few app options that can help enhance your driving experience without ever having to pull out your smartphone:
Stay connected to the latest happenings when you’re on the road, whether it’s news from Washington or updates on the storm bearing down on your city. Weather updates based on your vehicle’s location can help you be prepared for Mother Nature.
- The New York Times*53: Get your daily dose of The New York Times. The app features The Daily podcast, hosted by Michael Barbaro.
- The Wall Street Journal*51: Gain critical insights from expert journalists and notable thought leaders in your favorite WSJ podcasts.
- The Weather Channel: Receive detailed forecasts for your location, localized maps and spoken forecasts.
Perfect for longer drives, these apps can keep you up-to-date on the world of sports, fashion, media and more. Frequent travelers may also enjoy Audiobooks.com — whether it’s the latest best-seller or the novel you’ve read (and loved) a thousand times already, a good audiobook can help the miles fly by.
- FOX Sports*47: Enjoy 10 of the top podcasts from your favorite FOX Sports hosts and analysts, including First Things First, Undisputed with Skip and Shannon and more.
- People*49: Get your fix of the latest in the world of entertainment with daily updates about your favorite celebrities, royals, TV shows and much more.
When local radio stations aren’t cutting it, your in-vehicle apps can connect you to a whole world of new tunes and old favorites. It’s easy to connect an existing account to these apps, so you can quickly load your favorite station or that perfect playlist.
- Pandora: Free personalized radio that plays the music you can’t live without and helps you discover songs and artists you’ll love.
- iHeartRadio*54: Enjoy live radio stations from across the country, along with your favorite on-air personalities, unlimited music and custom artist stations.
In order to use your in-vehicle apps, you’ll need an active data plan.
- Unlimited Data Plan*35: Enjoy 4G LTE data that supports both your apps and your vehicle’s available Wi-Fi® Hotspot*33 with the ability to connect up to seven devices.
- Unlimited Access Plan*3: Unlock your vehicle’s potential with unlimited data and a lot more, including Remote Access*28 from your vehicle’s mobile app,*26 Connected Navigation*31 with real-time traffic updates (available on properly equipped vehicles), Turn-by-Turn Navigation*20 and more.
Existing OnStar Members can save on the Unlimited Access Plan by bundling it with the OnStar Safety & Security Plan.*4 To purchase a plan, push your blue OnStar button or call 1.888.4ONSTAR.
If you’re having trouble with your in-vehicle apps, you can visit your GM Owner Center for support and answers to frequently asked questions. You can also push your blue OnStar button to get help from an OnStar Advisor.