Our OnStar Emergency Advisors* are always ready to help Members and provide a human connection so they are never alone in a time of need. By pushing the red Emergency button*, Members are linked to live people who care and are professionally trained and certified in emergency call handling, similar to 911 personnel. During an emergency, an Emergency Advisor will notify First Responders to request assistance be sent to the location of the emergency and can utilize medical, police and fire protocols provided by the International Academies of Emergency Dispatch® (IAED) Emergency Priority Dispatch System and will remain on the line with the Member until help arrives on scene.
Members can also be Good Samaritans by pushing the red Emergency button to request assistance for others.
In severe weather conditions or a crisis, our Advisors provide a fast, knowledgeable resource if you need emergency assistance, help finding a route, or other services. They can also contact family members for you.
- Severe Weather: Thunderstorms, tornados, flooding, hurricanes or winter weather
- Natural Resource/Man-Made Disasters: Energy/power outages, hazardous material situations or terrorist activity
- Natural Disasters: Earthquakes, landslides, tsunamis, wildfires or volcanic eruptions
There are four ways to access Emergency Services 24/7:
- Push your vehicle’s red Emergency button*
- Call OnStar (1.888.4ONSTAR) 1.888.466.7827 to reach an Advisor in an emergency
- Push the red Emergency button with the OnStar Guardian app*
- Say “Alexa, call for help” from a compatible Amazon Alexa-enabled device using the OnStar Guardian skill*
- To request police, fire or medical help
- To report an accident
- To request help for others on the road
If you're in a crash, built-in sensors can automatically alert an OnStar Advisor and predict the likelihood of a serious injury. An Advisor is immediately connected into your vehicle to see if you need help, even if you can't ask for it. You don't have to do a thing.
Don’t worry — we can still pinpoint your location and send help. When you push the red Emergency button, your OnStar Advisor can use GPS technology to locate your vehicle.
An OnStar Advisor can dispatch help to your location, even if you’re unable to ask for it yourself.
It’s someone who pushes the red Emergency button to help someone else when they see an emergency on the road. An Advisor can use GPS technology and the information you provide to locate the emergency and contact the nearest emergency service provider.
No. Pushing the button connects you to a specially trained OnStar Emergency Advisor* who is certified to provide medical, police and fire assistance. They will notify the appropriate 911 center to request assistance be sent to the location of the emergency and can utilize medical, police and fire protocols to provide guidance until First Responders arrive on the scene.